Monday, December 3, 2012

And my Thank you is where??

So, its 10pm and my brain is going a mile a minute. I went to work today thinking today is a new day, new work week, fresh start. I should have known it was going to be another day like all the rest had been. I have to come to be passionate about loathing this position. If I didn't have a bunch of dummies that I had to babysit a day maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I wasn't warned when I took this position that there was a sign that said "Beware of idiots". I would have kindly said no thanks and continued on my path of destruction a different way. I honestly am confused on where someone looked at these people, saw their resume and went, yes I like this person who can't comprehend anything that is written or spoken. Oh you have no common sense? Yes lets hire you as well. Awesome!
Also, I'm so excited for the push back, blatant disrespect and more questions than a 2 year old gives. How about this, shut your mouth, do what you're told and if you have that big of a problem with people giving you orders, you go play in traffic because you're possibly going to have a really hard time in the work force. I'll just give you an idea of what I deal with daily with some of the people who are on my team (yes we all have little teams). There are really only a handful of them that seriously I think about punching in the face..daily and repeatedly.

Let me introduce you to mmmm we will call her AC: Can't hear anything, you can tell when she's not listening because she gives you this glazed look and her cat smells up to high heaven. She's been in this position for a year and still knows nothing as if its day 1. Unacceptable and you are the first person I would punch in the face. When you explain something to her all you hear is "I'm sorry I didn't know". Well my question is when will you know since we've been doing this since you got here last Nov? Maybe if you stay seated during the day you might get crap accomplished and learn what you should be doing all day. I mean seriously, 18 times in less than 2 hours??

This brings me to who we will call Scary Spice: No literally, she wears her hair in little ringlets like a 2 year old and eats enough sugar to make everyone around her diabetic. She pushes back on everything I say, and I hear a ton of Why? out of her mouth. Hey we are going to do it this way. Why? We are going to do this on this project. Why? Let me tell you why there stupid. Because I was told to make you all do it this way. Why don't you shut your yapper and just do it instead of being the 2 year old that parents dream about locking in a room until they are 18.

Now we go to who we will call the Deacon: I'll call him this as he is supposedly to be a man of God. So, super nice guy except he's cheating on his wife with a girl at work and has his head so far up his butt he's costing himself a job. I can't believe anything Godly he has to say. Always late for work and his excuses are awesome! My wife is sick so I had to turn around and go check on her, I missed my bus so I had to catch the other one. Hmmm really? He is another that yet you tell him to do something and it never gets done. I need you to clear this project out for me please. Ok no problem is what I hear. Hey where is Deacon? Anyone know? He's been MIA for 45 mins. Finally he'll find his way back to his desk, and I'm sure he leaves a breadcrumb trail to find it because he's never at it.

Bringing me to Debbie Downer: Lady is more depressing then a sack of dead baby birds. Let me give you a idea on what I mean. So we have to bring up a group chat daily in case someone has questions they can get help from whoever. The subject had to do with deceased members. I simply said well you can't do this process, they are dead. She corrected me and said I prefer deceased. I said dead, deceased, kicked the bucket it's all the same. She came back with pushing up daisy's and then out of no where said Lucky. Chat went silent. We asked her what she meant by that. She simply said well I'd be able to see my grandparents and parents. AWWWWKKKKWWWAAARRRDDDD!!!! Needless to say I got tons of personal IM's stating the same. Everything she says she always makes it as if it's her fault or she's sorry for bringing it up. If it's your fault then maybe you should stop it. Oh and while you're at it, may I suggest a Psychiatrist?

How about who we will call Speedy: Now here is the joke. She's not by any means. In fact she's so slow it pains me and I want to finish her sentences for her. A quick 5 min convo on how to do a process turns into a hour convo on that process and then another 30 to recap what was just discussed. When you tell her an answer to her question, she throws more questions on top of those questions and makes everything 23094234 harder than it needs to be. Lady...please, it cannot be that hard and spit it out!! Oh an please can we have more emails asking for you to be off and change your days around so we have no clue as to what your times are?

And finally is who we will call Matilda: Ok so lets bring on a 20 year old who has no life experience and I'm sure if she shakes her head you can hear the air as it goes through her ears. Never writes anything down, never remembers anything and will ask you the same question 900 times in 900 different ways, then laugh. Yeah once you get punched in the face we shall see who is laughing now.
 
Ive worked endlessly with these few and the ones not mentioned, its simply because they know what to do and do it! I get a little backlash but for the most part they are fine. I think I honestly am just burnt out and ready to throw my hands up. You can only try for so long before you feel defeated. I get hey great job juggling your position and Supervisor position right now, but you know what you started me out with 12 brand spanking new people and a new supervisor who knew nothing about what the position was. I had to train all 13, then we got 2 more that 1 had been right about 2 years who still is as clueless as they day she got there and then the other one who is the slow talker and still confused on everything. I could use the excuse in the beginning even though it was blown off. However now, no I can't these morons should know how to do their job and what is expected. I've never seen a bigger bunch of people who think this is social/playtime.

I thought about going back to college to possibly get a better job, then I see that the one who is Scary Spice has a masters degree. Wow...Masters Degree and you are like this. Maybe you should have gone for the Law degree instead. I then realize that a piece of paper as awesome as it sounds might not get me any further in this economy but have a debt over my head besides my home, which is something I'm not willing to venture to. I want a job I enjoy, want to go to, feel a part of a family, work hard and go home without to much stress. I am so stressed out at my job, my blood pressure just stays at a high. I want to be able to wear heels again and not have my foot top fat not poking out of my shoes, you know wear socks and not feel like they are cutting off my circulation?? Come home and enjoy and relax not cringe and only count down till time to go back. I simply don't think there are any jobs out there like that. I'm trapped...trapped like a caged rat. Except I'm not as furry as one.

I'm sure everyone there thinks I'm a mean person or well for better words a "bitch". Well I'm sarcastic and can be a little mean yes, but you all take me to the top of it. It comes out completely wrong, but when you act stupid and I can not tolerate stupid, it brings it out worse. As it's been said before, you can't fix stupid. I am living proof as I've been trying to do it for a year with some of these people. The motto of "the more I deal with people the more I like my animals" rings so true. I get tired of being a miserable person. I want people to go how was your day at work and me go it was good. I don't have to be super great! It was Awesome! Thanks for asking! I just simply want to smile and say it was good.

I'm not saying I'm the smartest person in the world however I am pretty smart but these people make me feel like a genius some days but lately they are making me even rethink my own self as maybe I'm the idiot. I've lost my confidence in some cases. Once again, I want to punch them in the face for doing this to me. At least I can get it out here...because punching someone in the face will get me fired and as much as I'd get so much enjoyment out of it, I need my job. Voodoo dolls anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment